Wonderful Husband and I just celebrated our 35thwedding anniversary. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at a nice restaurant and, as is our custom, looked through our wedding album. A lot has changed since 1983 and I’m not talking about our waistlines and hair color.
Here are #fivesigns that you have been married for a long time:
- When you look through your wedding album, you realize that half of the people in the photos are now dead.
- Of the people in the photos that are still alive, you don’t know who six of them are…but they stir up memories of a keg of beer and a Volkswagen Beetle.
- You can’t remember the flavor of your wedding cake but you know for a fact it was not gluten free.
- You now finish each other’s sentences…which is a good thing since half the time you can’t hear each other clearly.
- If you have been married a long time, there have been good times and great times and bad times and just plain awful times. But when you look through that album, the bad awful times disappear and the great good times are the ones you remember…which may have something to do with why you are still together.
Happy 35thAnniversary to my Wonderful Husband! Looking forward to more great good times!
M.A. Simonetti is the author of the Malibu Mystery Series which features Alana Fox, who is no Spring Chicken. You can read the first chapters from the books and order them here: https://bit.ly/2bjwfXr