“It’s fourth and fifteen, why did he run the ball?”
“Because his offensive line can open a hole in a sidewalk.”
“Yeah, but there were two wide receivers open.”
“I’m gonna need more Chardonnay to get through this game.”
Chardonnay? Yup. Depending on who you ask, between 45 and 55% of #NFL fans are women.
The #SuperBowl is almost upon us. Here are #FiveFacts about #Football and #FemaleNFLFans
- When it comes to dressing for the game, female fans like their quarterbacks. The best selling jerseys among women are Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. Oddly, in the Vikings home state of Minnesota, jerseys for Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers sell the best.
- 34% of #fantasyfootball players are women.
- There is a female NFL coach. Katie Sowers is an assistant coach with the San Francisco 49ers. And she isn’t the first female NFL coach- that honor went to Kathryn Smith in 2016 when the Buffalo Bills hired her as a Special Teams coach.
- 50% of the fans of both the Steelers and the Packers are female. Both teams have made considerable effort to court women. The Steelers hold an annual Women’s Training Camp and the Packers have strong women’s clubs that co-ordinate charity events with the team. The Vikings and the Jets are the least followed by women- both teams count less than 5% of their fan base as female. In the Jets case, the reason may be for sexual harassment incidents that made headlines. As for the Vikings, well, it appears they just haven’t tried to appeal to women at all. Which may account for the popularity of Aaron Rodgers jerseys in Minnesota.
- Come #SuperBowlSunday it is expected that 46% of the fans watching the #SuperBowl will be women. That’s a lot of Chardonnay.
Welcome to #LifeAtaCertainAge ! Let’s Have Fun!
M.A. Simonetti is the author of the Malibu Mystery Series which features Alana Fox who is no Spring Chicken. Her mystery novels can be found here: http://amzn.to/2BEmU71